Skip to content
Interesting Facts or Phenomena
- Average Monthly and Seasonal Temperatures and Rainfall of the Kruger National Park.
- Information on the Sawfly by Guin Zambatis and Andrew Deacon.
- Attached are photos and an article , by Hendrik Sithole, of a bee colony near the Skukuza Library. What interesting about this colony is that is has no hive.
- The eruption of two insect species in the Mooiplaas Ranger Section within a short successive period caught the attention of not only personnel in the KNP Conservation Services, but everyone in the vicinity of the section...... Read the article and see more pictures.
- There are more than 20 scorpion species that have been recorded within KNP. These records date from as far back as the 1960s. In October 2005 a rare scorpion species, Uroplectes chubbi, was recorded just north of Letaba Restcamp...... Read this article.
- Read more about the black wasps (possibly Batozonellus fuliginosus), which have been frequenting the flowers of the Kirkia acuminata trees on the Mooiplaas koppie for the past couple of weeks.
- Read more about Johann Oelofse's account of the death of one of Kruger's Big Tuskers, Massunguine.