- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Latest update on the Kruger National Park floods
Date: 25th January 2013
Kruger National Park (KNP) flood update as at 19:00 on 26 January 2013
Berg- en- Dal, Biyamiti, Crocodile Bridge, Letaba, Lower Sabie , Malelane, Mopani (via Letaba only), Olifants, Orpen, Pretoriuskop, Punda Maria (only accessible from Punda Maria Gate – no internal access from KNP), Satara & Skukuza.
Bateleur (flooded & access),Balule (services), Boulders (access), Maroela (access), Roodewal (access), Shimuwini (partially flooded & access), Shingwedzi (major flood damage), Shipindane Hide (access), Sirheni, Sable Dam Hide, Talamati (partially flooded & access), Tamboti (fencing & access) & Tsendze.
Picnic Spots / Viewpoints:
- Afsaal - Open
- Albasini Ruins - Open
- Babalala - Closed (access)
- Bobbejaan Krans - Open
- Crooks Corner - Closed
- Eileen Orpen Memorial - Open
- Gardenia Hide - Closed
- Kanniedood Hide - Closed
- Lake Panic Birdhide - Closed (access)
- Makhadzi - Closed (access & flooded)
- Masorini - Open
- Matambeni Hide - Closed
- Mathekeyane - Open
- Mlondozi - Open
- Mooiplaas - Open
- Muzandzeni - Closed (flooded & access)
- Nhlanguleni - Closed (access)
- Nkuhlu - Open
- Nkumbe - Open
- Nthandanyathi Hide - Closed
- Nwamanzi - Open
- Nwanetsi - Open
- Nyawutsi Hide - Closed
- Olifants River viewpoint on S44 - Closed
- Orpen Dam - Closed
- Pafuri Picnic Spot - Closed (flooded & access)
- Paul Kruger Tablets - Open
- Pioneer Hide - Closed
- Rabelais Museum - Open
- Ratel Pan Hide - Closed
- Redrocks - Closed
- Sable Dam - Closed
- Shibyatsangela - Closed
- Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial - Closed
- Sweni Hide - Closed
- Timbavati - Closed (access)
- Tshanga - Closed
- Tshokwane - Closed (services)
Access Roads Inside the Park:
All tarred roads except the following, are open:
- Skukuza to Pretoriuskop (H1-1) breach at Transport Dam.
- Olifants River causeway at Balule is still closed.
- Causeways over Sabie and Sand Rivers between Skukuza and Tshokwane (H1-2) still overflowing and closed. Guests to use alternative via H4-1 and H12.
- Orpen to Satara (H7) breach over Phelwani River. S106 to be used as alternative.
- Shingwedzi Camp and Day Visitor Site is not accessible to the public.
- Shingwedzi to Punda Maria/Pafuri (H1-7) (Shingwedzi & Nkulumbeni bridges and water over road in various other areas).
- Phalaborwa Gate to Mopani (H14)(Tsendze causeway).
- Tshokwane to Lower Sabie has been reopened (causeway over Sabie River below camp has been cleared).
- All gravel roads are closed except, S3 (Numbi Gate to Phabeni Gate), S23 (Biyamiti Loop), S25, S26 (Bume Road), S112, S113, S139, S114 (south of Biyamiti Weir).
- Crocodile Bridge
- Orpen (only Orpen Camp can be accessed – not into the rest of Kruger)
- Punda Maria (only Punda Maria Camp can be accessed – not into the rest of Kruger)
- Giriyondo Border Post (4x4 vehicles only)
- Pafuri Border Facility
Guests are kindly urged to use water sparingly as camps/ gates and picnic spots in many areas operate on emergency pumps and boreholes with limited capacity.
Media enquiries: Reynold Thakhuli 073 373 4999 / Gabrielle Venter 082 696 4724
Tourist Enquiries: Lucy Nhlapo 082 908 4753/ Joep Stevens 082 802 8093