- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Latest update on the KNP flood notice
Date: 26th April 2012
Kruger National Park flood update as at 15:00 p.m. on 25 April 2012.
Bateleur, Berg- en- Dal, Biyamiti, Crocodile Bridge, Letaba , Lower Sabie (except 6 tents), Malelane, Maroela, Mopani, Olifants, Orpen, Pretoriuskop, Punda Maria, Roodewal, Satara, Sable Dam Sleepover Hide, Shimuwini, Shingwedzi, Shipindane Hide, Sirheni, Skukuza & Talamati, Tsendze.
Balule has reopened.
Tamboti has also reopened as a number of tents are operational. However, a large portion of the camp remains closed and tents are to be replaced or repaired.
- Serious flood damage and is closed. Temporary toilet facilities have been provided.
Letaba Day Visitors Site
Lake Panic Birdhide
Access roads inside the park
All roads are open, except the following:
S25 (From S26 to S139, Biyamiti Low Level Bridge inaccessible),S33, S34, S84, S114 (from S23 to S139 - Biyamiti Weir closed),Sand River Low Level Bridge on H1-2 (between Skukuza and Tshokwane), Balule Low Level Bridge, H1-5(From S91 to H8).
Work on the Sand River Low Level Bridge and Biyamiti Weir (on S114) is nearing completion and plans are to reopen in early May 2012.
Gates: All gates are open
1. For Tamboti, where damage was extensive and reconstruction is expected to take several months, guests with affected bookings will be contacted in order to change bookings. Tamboti has reopened although many of the units will remain closed until repairs have been completed.
2. There are no picnic facilities at all at Tshokwane. However, temporary toilet facilities are provided.
South African National Parks (SANParks)
Reynold Thakhuli 073 373 4999 or Gabrielle Venter 082 696 4724
Joep Stevens 082 802 8093